Creating content should be fun and colorful especially during the holidays!
"Rockin' around the Christmas tree have a happy holiday!" I'm obsessed with Christmas music. I'm that person who plays holiday songs from early November until a few days after Christmas. It's my favorite time of year and I love nothing more than celebrating with tacky sweaters, holiday decor, Love Actually on repeat and of course all the parties! Every year around this time I start thinking of fun and easy cocktails to make for my friends. I like to take full advantage of having fresh cranberries at my local grocery stores because there's nothing more food festive than cranberries. Enter the Cranberry Ginger Vodka Fizz. It's light, it's easy, it's yummy and it's pretty (you know, to take a photo for Instagram). Shake it up at your next Fa-la-la-la party or even on a night at home cozying up with a blanket by the fireplace.
What you'll need:
- lovely glassware (mine are from Anthropologie from a few seasons ago but here are some similar ones)
- festive barware (mine are from Pottery Barn from last season but here's a similar set)
- crushed ice
- Christmas music playing in the background ;)
- 3/4 ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 blood orange
- 1 1/2 cups Vodka (I used Tito's)
- Club Soda
- Rosemary sprigs
- Bring ginger, sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved then let simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes. Strain through a sieve and set aside to let it cool to room temp.
- Place 2 tablespoons cranberries and 6 tablespoons ginger syrup in a large pitcher.
- Using a muddler mash the berries.
- Stir in vodka and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain into a medium pitcher.
- Fill 4 glasses with crushed ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour half the muddled cranberry mixture into the shaker and shake for about 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Top with club soda and squeeze 1/4 of a blood orange over the ice
- Add additional ice on top if needed and garnish with cranberries (sugared cranberries are even better) and a rosemary sprig
- Cheers & Enjoy!